Friday, January 25, 2008

Recap : Random Thursday at Area

I had to pay $20 to park...
Off to a good start..

Area used to be Prey, which used to be the Gate. I used to spin there back in the day when it was the gate, so every time I go there, I'm reminded of the days when I used to spin on Eurotrash night and get tipped in $100 bills and blow...

I kept the money, flushed the blow...

Well, maybe a freeze...

The GM came over to me before it opened and told me he had drink tickets for me...
Never happened...

A blonde girl asked me if I'd play a new Chingy song...
Didn't happen either...

Jamie Foxx was wearing a bandana over his nose and mouth like he was gonna hold up the place... Maybe he was preparing for his next role in "Gay"...
He liked when I played "Him or Me" by Today..

Patron Shots were $18...

There were guys next to the booth all night smoking blunts...
I got yelled at for smoking a cigarette...

Lots of requests for Journey...
Lots of requests for "Sweet Child O' Mine"
Lots of requests for Def Leopard...
Lots of requests for "ironic" music...
When will this phase pass? It was cool to play a few "ironic" songs in your set around 3 years ago, and that lasted around 4 months... At this point, it's just gay...

(I love "ironic" music, but in my car..)

I was doing goofy dances in the booth to make my friends laugh...
At the end of the night, a girl told me I had sexy moves..
She was serious...

A girl was on the phone all night...
She was sitting in the middle of a loud club...
Was she really talking to someone or was she pulling a Paris Hilton and pretending to talk to someone because she was so insecure...

Lindsay Lohan was there...
Again...
She asked for the new Scissor Sisters song...
Again..
I didn't play it..
Again..

A girl asked me to play a song by She Wants Revenge..
I told her I don't play my own music...
She asked what that had to do with her request...
I left it alone...

Lots of dudes in sunglasses...

Still no drink tickets...

There was a scuffle right in front of me between two dunk girls...
They were both hammered...
One called the other one a "...fucking tree..."
Rad.

Paris was there...
On the phone...

Some dude asked me to play some Techno...
He was one of the ones with the sunglasses on...
He called me "Bro"...
He spent a lot of time in the Men's room as well...
Needless to say, I never played it...

I played a 15 minute 80s set and a girl asked me if I was gonna play anything current...
This was 5 minutes after i had finished the 80s set and was playing Justin Timberlake...
I told her to open system preferences, go to date and time, and change it from 12:15 to 12:20...

Lots of differences between the Indie parties I've been spinning at while on the road and the Hollywood Clubs I do when I'm at home...

1. Drinks are $5 at the Indie parties, you can get water for $5 in Hollywood...
2. Still lots of asymmetrical haircuts at both, but I'm sure in Hollywood they cost around 10 times more and were performed in a Salon while listening to the latest Ibiza mix...
3. In Hollywood, nobody asks for The Knife...
4. At Indie clubs, nobody asks for Jamie Foxx...
5. in Hollywood, Jamie Foxx asks for Jamie Foxx... (he Really did...)
6. In Hollywood, beers are in glasses...
7. In Hollywood, nobody's heard of Sparks...
8. At Indie clubs, there is no bottle service... Although someone should start a 40 ounce bottle service at Indie parties, that would be rad...
9. At Indie parties, there's always someone snapping photos inside to post on some website...
10. In Hollywood, there's always a line of Paparazzi outside snapping photos to sell to some magazine...
11. At Indie parties, people do coke...
12. In Hollywood, people do pink coke...

1:19 am - 2 drink tickets...
1:23 am - 2 drink tickets get me one chilled shot of Patron Silver...

The guy that usually does his Michael Jackson routine to "Billie Jean" was there...
He didn't do it...
He did his new shit...
His Prince routine to "Kiss"...
Times are changing...

A blonde girl asked me to play "... some Crunk music"
I weep for the future..

Chilled Patron Silver Shots : 2
Dudes in sunglasses : 18
Tips : $150
Ironic songs played : 0
Gang Starr songs played : 2
Number of people who knew what I was playing : 7
Number of Camp Lo songs I played : 2
Number of people who knew what I was playing : 7
Girl Fights : 2
Calls Paris made : 5
People she actually called : 0
Number of Crunk songs : 0
Blunts smoked next to me : 4
Cigarettes I smoked : 8
Times Fergie was requested : 14
Times Fergie was played : 0
Shiny shirts : 34
Number of long songs I played in order to make it to the restroom and back before it ended : 2
Amount of time it took to get my car from valet : 30 mins



Good times...

No comments: