Friday, January 25, 2008

Recap... New Years Eve... Jimmy Iovine/Dr.Dre/50 Cent Party

I was spinning upstairs, which was where the very limited VIP section was located, complete with more bottles of Cristal than anyone could possibly imagine...

I met the guy who was the money behind the party, his name was Bill... He said one thing to me all night...
"You better be worth what we're paying you, Jimmy is counting on you..."
For those who don't know who Jimmy Iovine is, he's the co-chaiman of Interscope Records, which my band, She Wants Revenge, is indirectly signed to.. No pressure here...

Dr. Dre asked why I was playing so much Biggie...

50 Cent asked if, when it was midnight, I could announce the year as 2050... coincidently the name of his unreleased album...
Jimmy asked as well...
I did...
Coincidently, I felt like a complete idiot....

Dre brought me a bottle of Cristal about five minutes to midnight... I imagined how cool it would've been if it was a 40 of Old English...

A girl asked me if I could play 'Yeah" by Usher, right after everyone says, Happy New Year"...
I replied, "Sure, let's start this year off fresh and new... The first thing I want hear in 2005 is something that I can remember through the whole year... Something that will symbolize how amazing and beautiful the new year will be... Something with lyrics like, "These women all on the prowl, If ya hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow." That's what I want to run through my head as I contemplate the coming year and all its possibilities..."

They kept stopping the music to play some preview tracks from 50's new album and The Game's new album...
Not so hot when you're at a New Years Party and the music keeps stopping, only to be followed by around 30 seconds of silence, while one of Dre's assistants fumbled with the cd player, trying to find the right track, which, when it finally started playing, sounded like shit and wasn't loud enough...

The sound guy slept through the party...

The other sound guy brought me a sandwich...

"Welcome to the year 2050..."
ridiculous...

Its dope when all the lights are on and super bright too...
Makes for a comfortable, yet, mysterious vibe...

Its dope when you're one of the 9 guys who cant get upstairs to the VIP section...
Its not dope when you're one of the 250 super beautiful girls who cant get upstairs to the Vip section, and all you have to work with is 9 dorky guys stuck down there with you...

The promoter "forgot" my check...

From my vantage point, way above everyone downsairs, I could see all the girls who went and got the same outfits that day from Bebe..

Dre asked if I'd like a Cuban cigar or a chronic blunt....
I thought to myself what an asshole I am for quitting...

1:55 am - A girl was found laying face down in the bathroom, super drunk, mumbling, "I'm on my way to my car... I just need a hand getting up... "
2:33 am - She is in a cab now, the cab driver has the address in hand and cash in pocket...
8:12 am - She is not happy....

My friend who used to work for Bad Boy Records, and now works for Aftermath, told me that I didn't have to play so much Biggie... It was ok to put on some 2Pac..
But...
I don't know...
Was it?

"That's right everyone... Welcome to the year 2050..."
super lame...

I was spinning till 4:30 am...
My car broke down on the way home...
Dope vibes...

No comments: